- Individual needs to possess the necessary leadership to plan, direct, organize, coordinate and control the safe mining of various operations at the assigned Plants in a manner to meet aggregate demand, on a timely and cost-efficient basis. The Area Manager will be tasked with ensuring that an appropriate quality product is made at these Plants. Work closely with overall Operations Manager and Southern Area Manager and Sales team.
- Area Manager will handle the day-to-day operations with individual plant Superintendents at various locations in our Northern Division associated with aggregate/Sand and Gravel production, sales and provide guidance and assistance to plant Superintendents in the operating decisions of their facilities.
- Analyze and monitor production efficiency/productivity to ensure the Company is fully utilizing on site vehicles and plant equipment, at the assigned location. In addition, develops mining and production strategies and tactics to ensure an approach to raise productivity levels, maintaining safety as a top priority, while controlling the costs of the assigned location.
- Supervise, coordinate and manage maintenance staff/Shop on repairs of equipment at various locations throughout Northern Division.
- Bachelor’s Degree Helpful
- At least five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in plant operations. Working knowledge and understanding of MSHA regulations and possess a strong personal commitment to safety
- Solid understanding of aggregate processing and equipment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and capable of developing and maintaining good relationships with company and regulatory agency personnel
- Strong leadership skills; possess the ability to lead, manage and motivate; have a proven track record for creating employee ownership of safety, production and quality
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; strong planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Coordinates safety issues and investigates incidents with safety department.
- Ensures environmental compliance, rehabilitation and meeting permit obligations.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical systems, hydraulic systems, water systems, pumps, conveyors and air systems.
Northern Pennsylvania Quarry Locations:
- 2 in Stroudsburg
- 1 in Daleville
- 1 in Sterling
- 1 in Milford
MUST be able to PASS a Pre-Employment Drug Screening!
Eureka Stone Quarry is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
JOB POSITIONNorthern Area Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPEFull Time
LOCATIONStroudsburg, Daleville, Sterling & Milford PA
SALARY DESCRIPTIONCompetitive Salary
POSTEDJune 13, 2019
START DATEJune 13, 2019